The Weekend That Was - 3rd Christmas Party of 2014, Princess For The Day + Rotten Sunday

By Melissa - Monday, December 22, 2014


Saturday (Dec 20th, 2014)

AM: Rose up bright and early to prepare for our (with Mi-Chelle and her two very adorable bubba-s) Christmas party.

This was the menu for our luncheon:





I prepared three items - two on Saturday, and one on Friday night - for the party, Mi-Chelle made two and all of us had a pretty swell time that day.


Super cute Christmas tree (made out of broccoli and cherry tomatoes) by Mi-Chelle.





Roast Chicken by yours truly.





Mashed potatoes for the adults and kid-friendly (read: no seasoning) cheese-baked mash.





My piéce de résistance - Lemon Cheesecake.





Delectable blueberry pie by Mi-Chelle.



For little Kyra, the mane (pun intended) attraction for the day was...

.

.

.

.

.


Trying out 101 types of pins on my tresses and making me her life-sized Barbie doll.


Miniature hair maestro at work. Note the carefully perched tiara on my head.



I decided early on that I'll be using brown paper (got uber excited when I saw a whole roll at Midvalley's Muji, rashly bought it on the spot and had to lug it with me all around the mall) as wrapping paper for Christmas presents this year.

On its' own, brown paper was slightly plain, so I jazzed it up a little by adding a couple of knick-knacks...





PM: Dinner and family time with my two uncles.



Sunday (Dec 21st, 2014)

AM - PM: Severe abdominal cramps all through the day. I could hardly get up from my bed and I had to miss church, my ex-colleague's birthday party and a family dinner. What a bummer!

My resistance finally broke and I took in a painkiller at 8pm. For the rest of the night, there it was... That blessed ease from pain. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments