Mid-Week Update - Fulfilled Promise... And Then Some...

By Melissa - Wednesday, October 08, 2014

In my pursuit to be a graduate in Communications, I was immersed into 4.5 years of education - 2.5 years for a Diploma in Comms (majoring in PR and Advertising) and another 2 years to obtain a Bachelor of Arts in Comms and Media Management.

Throughout my stint as a university student, I took two subjects on design in publication - Issues in Publication & Design and News Design for Print & Web.

I remember poring over newspaper and magazine layouts, analyzing them, editing them, writing about them and even coming up with my own mock publication, all in the name of education.

There is a considerable amount of pointers to consider before any final artwork is approved and sent for print, such as the copy for the headline, the overall layout of the page (colours, design, etc...), proofing the text and... choosing the right image and its placement.

On Monday, when Archangel sent me a WhatsApp message with an accompanying snapshot to tell me that the ad that I worked on was published in a local newspaper in India, I burst out laughing.










With that unfortunate image choice and glaring headline, one can't help but wonder about the promise which Sonu Sood made to his sister, and its method of fulfillment. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments