My Sprinkle of Happy Ending - June 30th, 2013

By Melissa - Monday, July 01, 2013










Two years of hard work, being away from my family and self-discovery finally culminated to this very day...


----------


Brief (but accurate) description of the day:

- Walked into the ballroom wearing a funky-smelling robe, an aqua blue cape (which choked me most of the time) and mortarboard desperately clinging to my head

- Got to the assigned seat number and sat down

- Guests were allowed to enter the ballroom

- Soft music accompanying the academic procession (Hey, this scene looks strangely familiar, but I can't seem to place it!)

- Academic procession ends 

- Malaysia's national anthem resounds (Author's confession: I teared up. Fought hard to not let a single tear seep out of my eyes and succeeded. Couldn't have been prouder to graduate in my country and contribute towards making a better tomorrow for the next generation.)

- Australian national anthem plays 

- Academic procession was seated (I GOT IT! This is why it looks so familiar - This whole place looks like The Great Hall scene in Harry Potter; complete with the weird hats which The Chancellor and his band of academic colleagues are donning.)

- Inspirational and congratulatory speeches

- Let the Name-Calling Fest begin!

- Names, names, names... Applauses, applauses, applauses... Several WooHoo-s (few and far in between, thankfully)

- Refer above 

- Refer above

- On the steps, my name was announced... (Do not fall, do NOT fall, DO NOT FALL)

- Shook hands with The Chancellor, smiled for the cameras and exited the platform

- More names...

- Standing ovation, thunderous applause and uproarious cheering by the Chancellor, distinguished academicians and guests for the seated graduates

- ENDS. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments