Monday Blues Begone - Israel H's Worship Concert

By Melissa - Tuesday, October 07, 2014

We (my two friends and I) were KL-bound at 7:15am yesterday.

Halfway through the journey, Work got into the picture; furiously scrambling to draw my attention away from Relaxation. The backseat of the car became my makeshift office for the rest of the day.





We arrived at my home away from home at a little over 12pm, slithered through the lunch hour traffic and the boys were weirdly thrilled about gobbling down IKEA's meatballs.


Meatballs for the boys, kiddie meal (nuggets and fries) for me and chicken wings to share.


We checked in to our rooms at 4, hit the shower (at least two of us did) and left for the concert venue immediately after. 


Tea time.


1.5 hours of sweating and standing in line later, the doors were opened and the breezy gush of air-conditioning across the waiting area was sweeter than honey.

The house lights were dimmed and immediately, the rustling of feet stopped, excited murmurs tinkled in the air and the second the stage lights danced across the platform, the whole auditorium erupted in pandemonium. 










 ----------


Last night was a night that I won't be forgetting any time soon. Probably not in this lifetime.

The music was phenomenal, Israel's vocals were mind-blowing and the harmonies were tighter than a headband wrapped across any person's head. All of it was mesmerizing, but I will remember last night not for those reasons. 

I will remember last night because of the re-affirmation of His calling upon my life. I will remember last night because I gaped in awe (yet again) at the power of unity in worship. I will remember last night because I was reminded that no matter what the season, I am always covered by His grace; ever true, more than enough and eternal.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments