Fitzgerald Grant - Melter of My Heart

By Melissa - Tuesday, June 03, 2014

I've been following one of the hottest TV series right now, Scandal since last year, and I'm completely enamoured with the cast and writing of the show (Another ingenious hit from Shonda Rhimes).

And since there's a whole summer to get through before Scandal returns with Season 4, I've been re-watching Seasons 1 till 3; still completely smitten by it.

If I may, one of my favourite scenes from the series...


----------





Fitz: The Sally Hemings-Thomas Jefferson comment was below the belt.

Olivia: Because it’s so untrue?

Fitz: You’re playing the race card on the fact that I’m in love with you? Come on! Don’t belittle us. It’s insulting and beneath you, and designed to drive me away. I’m not going away.

Olivia: I don’t have to drive you away! You’re married, you have children. You’re the leader of the Free World. You are away. By definition, you’re away. You’re unavailable.

Fitz: So this is about Mellie?

Olivia: No, no! This is… I smile at her and I take off my clothes for you. I wait for you. I watch for you. My whole life is you. I can’t breathe because I’m waiting for you. You own me, you control me, I belong to you!

Fitz: You own me! You control me. I belong to you. You think I don’t want to be a better man? You think that I don’t want to dedicate myself to my marriage? You don’t think I want to be honorable, to be the man that you voted for? 

I love you. I’m in love with you. You’re the love of my life. My every feeling is controlled by the look on your face. I can’t breathe without you. I can’t sleep without you. I wait for you, I watch for you. I exist for you. If I could escape all of this and run away with you? 

There’s no Sally and Thomas here. You’re nobody’s victim, Liv. I belong to you. We’re in this together.


***


Oh, Fitz... How you made my insides melt...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments