Life and Love, As Told By 'Six Feet Under'

By Melissa - Thursday, December 19, 2013

Checked out this series by HBO awhile back, and while I didn't thoroughly enjoy watching it, I liked some of the lines in the show.

Here are some of them, coalesced with my thoughts…

.

.

.

.

.


“Truth and relationships don’t make life easy. They make it possible.”

Over the past month, I've truly discovered the power of true friendships and real relationships, and I am ever so grateful for them. And, it confirmed what I have always believed - Being truthful is the only way to make any friendship or relationship work and last. 

----------

“Love isn’t something you feel, it’s something you do. If the person you’re with doesn’t want it, do yourself a favor and save it for someone who does.”

Life is short, and not one more second should be wasted on that person who doesn't love you enough to put in effort and stay, even when all has lost its meaning, because that is what love is - It has nothing to do with what you get, but everything to do with what you are expected to give, which is everything.

And, if you've given your best and your all to someone who doesn't give a flying rip about you, love yourself enough to come out of it. Over time, you will meet people who see that love and who pour their love into you, so that you can stop spilling your love on people who don’t seem to want it.

----------

“How can you grow as an artist, if you don’t have the freedom to fail now and then?”

I've made mistakes as a person, and as an artist (the first definition).

Both have propelled me to grow in wisdom and creativity, recognising that mistakes are not to be shunned, as they humanise us every now and then - to feel with every fibre of our being and to share; to let someone else know in their moment of suffering that they are not alone, and that soon, it will all be alright

----------

“When someone sees you as you really are and wants to be with you, that’s powerful.”

I've learned that it is important to be with someone who loves all of you - not parts of you, but ALL of you.

----------

“I think it’s all about timing. I think timing is everything.”

I'm still coming to terms with that. Easier said than done for a person who enjoys planning and whose life revolves around meeting deadlines all the time.

But this, I'm sure of: My God is never late, never early but He's always on time. In HIS timing, I trust.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments