April 7th, 2012 :: Early Birthday Treat

By Melissa - Monday, April 09, 2012

Late in March, my beautiful friend and myself had a quick catch-up in between services and she realised that she would not be around to celebrate my birthday with me this year. We did the next best thing - We agreed to have an earlier birthday dinner date.

March wrapped up and soon enough, last Saturday was upon us; the day for our girly night out.

She knows me well and it is as if we have been friends for the longest time, although it has only been a year since I first met her.

We had dinner at a delightful cafe, where the food was scrumptious and the conversations were meaningful, encouraging and honest.


L to R, top to bottom: Mushroom soup with garlic bread (not pictured), Aglio olio, Cajun chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, Apple crumble with vanilla ice-cream (Complimentary from the owner when he learned that the night's dinner was an early birthday celebration for me). 


The dinner treat alone would have been more than enough. However, I was spoilt rotten that night (or rather, this year). I was lavished with presents as well as polaroids of our night out.




---------------


Dearest Vicky (Jie),

Thank you, thank you and thank you again - For your love, care, generosity, thoughtfulness and encouragement. 

The past few weeks have been trying and I could not have been more blessed with an encouraging mentor and understanding friend. You are truly a blessing and gift from above.

My birthday this year was made a lot more special and very much sweeter because I spent it with you.


So much love,
Melissa (Mei). 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments