Refiner's Fire

By Melissa - Saturday, March 24, 2012

Earlier today, my beautiful friend sent me a Whatsapp message.

"Came across this quote and I thought of you - We must accept trials as part of the refining process that burns away impurities and prepares us to meet Christ. As gold is heated, impurities float to the top and can be skimmed off. Likewise, out trials, struggles and persecutions refine and strengthen our faith, making us useful to God."


It is such a timely and divine reminder; that the darkest of nights must give way to the burst of the glorious morning light, that our difficult trials are only momentary.

I learn and am still in the process of learning - discovering His nature, holding on to His promises, believing in His will for my life, trusting in His leading even when I do not see what lies before me but choosing to never let go of His faithful grip.

Right now, it is the toughest part - enduring, persevering and following it through to completion.

Yet, I still choose You.

I am reminded that it was a done deal when I stood up in the hall along with hundreds of other youths, declaring that "I want The Cross" ten years ago.

I choose You.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments