Aurora Raye

By Melissa - Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Two weeks ago, my family came down for a much-needed visit.

Over Skype and texts a few days prior, my sister told me that she had a special surprise in store for me and I was sure to love it.

(Sideline: I am not fond of surprises. Really. Just get to it and tell/show/reveal to me what it is.)

So, as soon as she arrived and unpacked, she quickly handed me the wrapped package; eager as a beaver, hustling me to open my early birthday present.

I slided the ribbon off and found a soft toy inside. I gave her my "Why-on-earth-did-you-get-me-a-soft-toy-for-my-birthday-am-I-not-old-enough-already?" look. She cheerfully explained, "I know you miss Max. This will make up, temporarily, while you're away."

I named her Aurora Raye, and she's pretty adorable.





*


Angeline,

Thank you, darling, for my birthday gift. The present is a small gesture of how much thought you have put into it and it tells me that I matter to your heart.

Love you much,
Jie Jie.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments