Currents of Love

By Melissa - Monday, March 14, 2011

Sitting with both my legs crossed and up on my chilli red chair, I smile contentedly. Days like these have gone by and I am deeply grateful for them.

It has been a little over a month since The Big Move.

His grace has been more than enough for me, His joy has been my strength. I now learn to reflect on purpose of my day and it invokes increased awareness of His precious love for me.

It is the most joyous feeling, ever.

I feel like I am in a deep river right now, a stone settled under the waters; being smoothed and gently crafted into a pebble. All my rough edges being tenderly refined; washed over by His strong currents of love.

Thankfulness and gratitude overwhelm me. I am greeted with kisses from heaven each day, right on my forehead. I am embraced in the sweet arms of a loving Father. He draws me closer and closer to Him, I pour out my heart to Him; raw and honest, completely and totally.

For the past couple of days, news of the tragedy that struck Japan had taken its’ toll on me. I was devastated over all the precious lives lost. I cried and wept before God, pleaded for His mercy and asked for His forgiveness on behalf of the nation.

In the midst of all the sadness and confusion, where hope seems desolate and the fear of tomorrow creeps in, one thing stands firm and remains eternal: HE is Hope. When we do not see, where our natural understanding fails to comprehend, His supernatural hand and power is at work.

It reminds us that the clock IS ticking, time is short and there are so many souls who have yet to hear the name of Jesus.

It reminds us all again that worship is a life that is poured out in obedience to God, a sacrifice offered up that pleases Him.

Live your lives for His gain, for the glory of His name, for the building up of His kingdom, for the lives of others. Most importantly, draw near to Him.


Much love,
Melissa.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments