The Big Move

By Melissa - Monday, February 14, 2011

It’s Day 3 of The Big Move, and I am far from being settled emotionally (although my room is now half done!).

I was grocery shopping late in the afternoon today. I exited Giant and noticed a pet store on the opposite side. Impulsively, I walked over, wanting to buy some of Max’s favourite treats for him. When the realisation hit, a heavy and uncomfortable feeling rose up to my chest. I walked away quickly before the tears started rolling down my face.

Yes, I'm admitting it and saying it out loud: It is difficult. It is heart achingly difficult.

I never imagined the extent of it, and it has only been 3 days away from Max, and a day away from my family, but I miss them with every fibre of my being.

My new room is twice the size of my room at home, but twice as uninviting. My new bed needs some breaking in; I woke up with a backache this morning. I finally have (more than enough space) for a study table, but somehow, it doesn’t look right.

Everything seems detached; the unspoken, invisible perfect symmetry isn’t there. The items are parked at the corners of my room, existing for functional use rather than complementing one another.

I digress from my picky attitude (from what I heard, it is an initial side effect to separation).

I realised through The Big Move, the love and care that I have not known the extent.

My family loves me so much to sacrifice not only their finances, more importantly to sacrifice time with me; releasing me into the loving arms of my Heavenly Father. For Him to guide, lead and mould me, for Him to be sovereign in my life.

I remember one of the nights, about two weeks prior to moving, I was sobbing into my Daddy’s arms, not wanting to come down to KL.

He said this to me...


.

.

.

.

.


“Melissa, we’ve prayed about this and this is God’s leading for your life. I love you very much, but I know that our Heavenly Father, your Father up in heaven loves you so much more, more than my love can ever be for you."


----------


It’s a comforting thought to embrace as I sit alone in my room, writing this entry.

And, as much as I am thankful for my family, I am blessed to have friends (the next best thing to family). True friends, God-given loved ones.

I am blessed to have phone calls from dearest friends (asking if I have arrived safely, offering to come over and help me unpack - pretending to chastise me for not announcing my arrival) and so many texts! Especially today, to let me know that I am not alone, that I am very much loved and missed.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments