Pausing to Reflect

By Melissa - Monday, October 11, 2010

I humbly admit, I've been cheat-blogging - Updating Chatty Lass with quotes rather than lengthy written posts, photo posts with minimal expression.

I needed some time off, to clear my head and to get my heart thumping in its' rhythm once more before I began penning down and actually write.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, PURPOSEFULLY taking a step back in life to reflect. That has done me more good than ice-cream and retail therapy put together.

There were questions asked of me, and also questions pounding in my head. I decided to look and search deep within for an answer.

I needed answers, but in turn, I got assurance. His blessed assurance. I wanted solved questions, but now I've fallen more and more in love with His 'very great and precious promises' (2 Peter 1:4).

I realised that living in OBEDIENCE to what He has called me to do thus far is way more important than having pre-conceived ideas and thoughts on how my life should work out.

SAVOURING living in obedience is rewarding and fulfilling. It boils down and trails back to perspective.

It's easy to lose sight and let our minds wander, forgetting that He is in control.

Even more difficult is to let our hearts be secured in knowing that He IS in control, in matters that we have not yet seen come to pass.

It is tough believing in the impossible, relying on His timing, trusting that ALL things will eventually be made beautiful in His time, speaking things as though they already are and truly resting in the confidence that He will come through.

I was then reminded of a post (rather, it is a quote) I've written some time ago: "God will only bring into your path a test that He has equipped for you to win. However, the getting there demands absolute reliance on Him and nothing else." {Melissa Cheah - May 30th, 2010.}

I know that victory is a given. I'm now REassured of that.

I sense an unexplainable stirring in my heart. I am feeling it right now as I am writing this post.

I am full of expectation of what the future holds, and the unfolding of His glorious plans. I don't fear it, I'm anticipating it.

Change always costs something. There is a price that we have to be willing to pay. It's an ongoing process, it is a painstakingly costly ride. But, I know that it is worth it.

I paused to reflect to search for answers to my questions, fumbling my way through with doubts.

I am now pausing to reflect on HIS goodness, striding with confidence and a heart of thanksgiving.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments