Life's a Treasure

By Melissa - Thursday, August 26, 2010

Life is a treasure.

More important, it is a precious gem entrusted to us from our Heavenly Father.

Our life, is our very own treasure.

It is devastating to hear news of people thinking that life is made up of mere decisions, either the wrong one or the right one. It is heartbreaking to receive news that because one is of the impression that there is no solution to a calamity, the best possible answer then is to end one’s life.

I started off this entry (and even entitling it) by saying that life is a treasure.

I believe that life was, is and always will be a treasure. The reason as to why it stops becoming THAT is due to perspective.

Perspective is essential in life.

Life is never meant to be constrained to work, education, our thoughts on what success is and delving into whatever measures possible to attain it.

Life is not meant to be lived with our heads alone, basing it solely on intellect. Life is to be cherished with our heads AND hearts.

Life is to be celebrated daily; come what may, regardless of the difficulties, calamities or disasters.

I’m not writing this because I’ve had a terrific day and it has been smooth-sailing thus far.

I’m writing this because this is what my heart is, and this is what I wake up to every morning. It is my take on what life is.

As I sat across two of my friends this morning, over a cup of hot tea with the sea breeze gently ruffling through my hair, I think that their company and our friendship enriches my life in every aspect possible.

Fluttering my eyelids open in the morning and before setting foot onto the parquet flooring, I reminisce the kisses I shared with my Daddy the night before; my arms draped across his shoulders and his prickly moustache tickling my face.

Heading downstairs, I am greeted with excited barks and slobbery kisses from Max. With an apple in my hand, Max reaches out for a bite as well. That brings a smile to my face. It makes my morning, every single day for the past four years.

As I move across the hall to the garden, my nostrils are filled with the scent of morning dew on grass and the sound of my wind chime gently tingling against another. I waft in the beautiful aroma only a new day can bring. It is the scent I carry in my heart throughout the day.

Life is not a treasure because of the things we’ve achieved. Life will never be a treasure if we acclaim it to the knowledge acquired. Life does not translate into treasure by us trying to make out and quantify, with logic.

Life IS a treasure because of the little things that make our day – the seemingly minor things in life that we often overlook, take for granted or over time, lose awe and significance for.

It is those little things that enrich life.

To me, I see it as precious nuggets saved up over time. Surround yourself in that long enough, you’d realise that it becomes an indispensable part of your life.

Life’s a treasure. Never unlock the chest of life and lose the amazing wonder it brings.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments