Amelie Cafe

By Melissa - Thursday, August 26, 2010

I was invited for lunch with a friend of mine. She was SO excited to show me this cafe, which she thinks (and I quote) I "will love it."

We parked her automobile and walked to the highly anticipated (on my end) cafe.

I smiled with joy when I saw it.







Amelie Cafe's very own welcoming attendant - a Maltese named Sunday.




The owner writing 'Today's Specials'.




Rustic setting. I loved it!







The hand painted menus were adorable.




My friend's lunch order: Marjoram Pasta with meatballs & Mango and Cinnamon Lassi (upper right hand corner).




MY lunch order: Mushroom Pasta and Mineral Water (which was served in a clear jam jar).

*

Verdict: My friend was right! I fell in love with the place at the very sight of it. In it's humble space, the owners managed to create a nostalgic feeling with a warmly inviting ambience. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. The food was tasteful, but however not exceptional.

*

Do pay a visit to Amelie Cafe, have a cup of coffee (or lassi) and enjoy an afternoon of reminiscing down memory lane.

It is located at:

No.6, Armenian Street,
10200, Penang.
(T): 012.496.7378


P/S: When you are at Amelie's, do not forget to grab their name cards. They are pretty cute.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments