The Tsunami Song

By Melissa - Thursday, July 29, 2010

As reported by my mother, 9.55pm yesterday.


---------------

Mummy: You know today, my friend asked me if I knew the ‘Tsunami Song’.

Melissa: WHAT is the ‘Tsunami Song’? Such a song exists?

Mummy: I didn’t know that there was such a song too. So, I asked her to give me a couple of lines, the lyrics of the ‘Tsunami Song’.

Mummy: (relating what her friend said) You know the song, with the oceans rise and storms?

Melissa: (roars with laughter) HAHAHAHAHAHA, she meant ‘Still’ by Hillsong is it?

Mummy: You jumped on my punch line! {mock frown}

---------------


To those of you who are unaware of the song, the chorus of ‘Still’ goes like this:


When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with you above the storm,
Father, You are King over the flood,
I will be still, know You are God”


P/S: According to my mum’s friend, ‘Still’ was a great hit in her church when tsunami hit Penang Island, year 2004.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments