Through The Eyes of a Child

By Melissa - Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I love children.

I love their uninhibited passion for life, I love their fervour and excitement for anything (they find to be) remotely interesting, I love their ability to love with no reservation.

All of that came to my thoughts as I was reminiscing the mission trip that had taken place less than 3 days ago.

When all was said and done, gift bags were distributed with heaps of goodies in them.

I remember vividly sitting with an adorable little boy and watching him as he sifted through the bag of excitement (to him). Alas, he clutched in his hands a pack of colourful balloons.

I will never forget the look on that beautiful child’s face. The wonder and amazement, the twinkle in his eyes and the hugest smile across his face.

I couldn’t help it. I bended over and hugged him tightly.

As I read through the book of Mark today, I am inspired to write this post.

Mark 10:15 says,I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

The kingdom of God is established in our hearts. Luke 17:21 says that “the kingdom of God is within us.”

The kingdom of God is abundant in love, rich in mercy, overflowing with compassion and great in majesty.

The kingdom of God is all that, and much more.

As adults, as we age and grow up, we forget.

We forget to thank God for every blessing (big or small) that He has bestowed upon our lives. We forget that He is the Creator of the Universe, the Maker of the heavens and the earth, the Great I Am (in which NOTHING at all is impossible for Him).

We forget to receive His love gratefully, with the pure, unadulterated love of a child. We forget to be in awe of Him with the wide-eyed innocence of a child.

We tend to rationalise things, figure things out on our own, make up for our mistakes through jillions of ways and means. Lest we forget, “all our righteous acts are as filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6) before the Lord.

A child doesn’t rationalise when he is offered forgiveness or is showered with love. He simply ACCEPTS it.

The eyes of my heart are opened (with wisdom and revelation – Ephesians 1) to see through the eyes of a child and to believe with childlike faith.

It is my hope that this post becomes not only an eye-opener to you, but the revelation finds its' way into your heart and infuses your life.


With so much love,
Mels.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments