Mission Trip - Cameron Highlands

By Melissa - Monday, July 19, 2010

I’m safely ensconced in my home, sleep deprived but otherwise chirpy. But deep within, I know – I am never the same again.

My heart was shattered to see so many beautiful children having so little, yet cheerfully singing to Jesus with such faith.

That childlike faith (as mentioned in Mark 10:15) reaches within the deepest corners of my heart.

I fought hard to regain my composure. It didn’t work. Not the slightest bit. I cried and cried.

The message I had prepared much earlier went down the drain the very second I stepped into the hut-like church.

I devised and changed my message almost immediately. The love of God for His people burned in my heart, it was precious and tangible.

I am truly blessed to be around the company of people who have dedicated their life COMPLETELY to the call of God.

These are people who have counted the cost of obeying Jesus wholly, stepped out of their comfort zones and made the bold, courageous decision to fulfil the call of God in their lives.

It is a life-altering decision - one where you set foot into without looking back, faltering or backing out, even when the toughest challenges come your way.

I am reminded to count the cost of following Jesus. More important, I am imbued with the desire to be willing to PAY that price – not once, not twice but a thousand times over if I have to.

I’m desperate to be a woman who loves Her King with her life, revels in His love and is in such an intimate relationship with her Saviour, that He makes known to her the mysteries and secrets of His heart.

Life, MY life is most fulfilled, my soul is most contented when I am in His presence, and I am greeted with a kiss from heaven, with my Heavenly Daddy whispering "Well done, my darling daughter. You bring delight to my heart."

The young lives of the 25th Mile Orang Asli Village (all 20 of them) are forever etched in my heart.

The love of Christ for His people and His church has laid hold of my heart, clutched itself onto it and arrested my life with His cause.


*

Related post(s):

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments