Haunting Past

By Melissa - Monday, August 10, 2009

The past has a way of weaving itself seamlessly into the present, paving its way into the future.

Someone once said, "You can let go of the past, but the past won't let go of you."


Briliant quote - I nod my head in agreement, throw my hands (and legs) up in the air with acceptance.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


During my adolescent years, I adored the long-haired, arrow-shooting, bow-holding boy in LOTR.

Make no mistake though, I am still a very avid fan of Tolkien's works. I read LOTR (all 3 books) once every year and I've been doing that for the past 5years. (I am slacking a little this year, I have yet to start on my annual ritual.)

If you are going bonkers with curiosity, I am referring to Legolas from the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

I thought that he was incredibly good-looking, only to be severely disappointed when I saw the real Legolas (minus the shiny blond hair and piercing blue eyes).

I am way past that stage right now (meaning that I do not like boys, primarily pretty boys - examples of them: Zac Efron, Chace Crawford or even so-called cutesy David Archuleta.)

I go ga-ga over men like David Boreanaz (post-Buffy, ala Special Agent Seeley Booth in Bones), Patrick Dempsey (in Grey's Anatomy) and Daniel Craig (just the abs, really).

If I could turn back time, I would rather be swooning over the macho, swashbuckling, sword-wielding man =)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments