X-Men Origins: Wolverine

By Melissa - Friday, May 01, 2009

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


For starters, I do not read graphic novels (a term I coin for comics). I am not a fan of them, and I know hardly any worthy information enough to carry off a conversation with any graphic novel fan.

If I have to be dead honest, the only reason I decided to catch this movie is because of the stellar cast. My gaze and concentration were particularly locked on Hugh Jackman for pretty much the entire movie. But, I think he is facing rather stiff competition in maintaining dominion over my bawling for him. There is a new contender, who made me go all moony: His name is Taylor, Taylor Kitsch (That's him right there *points to the poster*, second from left)

I shall stop my perverse ramblings, though my legs are still in a Jell-O state (Stunning physique, to-die-for looks and pleasing accent, twice over. How much better can my day get?) and get straight to the point (I am usually pertinent, so cut me some slack today, alright? *smiles*)

I think, it is not a bad film. Really. It is better than X-Men: The Last Stand, by a mile. However, the riding of the plot could be well improved (The climax took long enough to come, I had to wait till the last 40mins.). It didn't kick in the breathless feeling I get when I watch a superb movie, where I would exit the cinema going, "Wow! That was amazing. Let's go watch it again...".

Giving kudos where it is due, I will hand it to the spectacular visual effects (except Wolverine's bones-turned-adamantium claws. They looked fake.).

Overall, an action-packed movie with some dry jokes, under-developed cast and good graphics.


Rating: 3/5

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments