Out with the old, In with the new

By Melissa - Friday, February 13, 2009

Sitting down today in front of the mirror ( not for vanity's sake, my dressing table doubles as my writing desk ), it made me realise of how far I've come.

Browsing through childhood photographs added to it, reeling time back and recognising the simple pleasures in life that used to astound and never failed to amaze me. How I wish I could maintain that simple outlook on life and smile gleefully at the sight of my favourite items, again...

In about 2months from today, I will officially be an adult ( to me, it is reaching age 20, where the '-teen' phrase no longer exists ). Come April 12th ( I am divulging the date, so that you can whip out your handy mobile and mark it in your calendar ), I am ushered into a world of maturity, where giggles turn into lady-like laughter and daily-exhange of gossip, replaced with intellectual banter.


I am beginning to like the adage I've used as the title of this entry...


P/S: I will expatiate the why-s another day. Right now, I need to brew a cup of peppermint tea and settle down the welcoming effects of a much needed therapy...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments