My Healer

By Melissa - Friday, February 06, 2009

There are moments in life that just take our breath away. There are moments in life where we wish we could just run away from this hurting world. There are moments in life where we want to bury our head in the sand and remain oblivious to everything going on around us. There are moments in life where we hope we could turn back the clock and rewind time to rectify our mistakes. But ONE truth stands: Through it all, He is our Healer.

No longer has the passages in the Bible remain just as words written on a revered book. Those words are life, bearing truth beyond our wildest comprehension.

If at any point in life, you have been hurt, lost faith or have an inkling of doubt against Him, I will assert that He remains your Healer. He will heal your broken-heartedness and bind up your wounds because this is His greatest act of love for you: He sent His only son that you may live, live more abundantly than ever before and not bear the wages of sin, death.

I remember the low points in my life, with clarity. I wallowed in self-pity, moped around like a hurt dog and wept for hours. He came, He swooped me into His tender arms and let me know how much He loves me. Because of that, I am where I am today, doing what I do. I have conceded, this life is just not mine to live. It is His to use in whichever way He sees fit.

This song, Healer written by Mike Guglielmucci has been so close to my heart. It is unfortunate what happened to him and it shattered my heart to learn of what he had done. But, I will say this, this song STILL remains powerful. The declaration of God being our Healer, our Portion and above all, nothing is impossible for Him.

I'm enclosing the lyrics of the song,

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
You heal all my disease

I trust in You
I trust in You

I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus, You're all I need

Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands


If you have nothing else to hold on to, hold on to this:

He loves you more than you would ever know, more than your mind could ever conceive its extent because He made you. He crafted you to perfection with His beautiful hands and He will never leave nor forsake you. Moments where you think you are walking alone, those are the moments which He carried you in His loving arms.


Love you,
Melissa.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments