Flu, Love and Movie Bugs

By Melissa - Monday, February 16, 2009

I have been in a bout of sinus for sometime already, which causes me to sneeze every single time the air around me is polluted with dust as well as acting like a leaky faucet ( my nose, that is ) when the temperature in the room gets too cold.

With my throat, it is a whole different story. It is always dry, so I make an effort to drink at least 2litres of water every day. Not only is my throat parched today ( making me feel awfully thirsty throughout the whole day ), I think I have been hit pretty bad with the flu bug. Staying in bed for almost the entire day did little to help.

On a different note, Valentine's Day has come and gone. I looked forward to spend the evening with a box of Ferreros ( I would do anything to get some of those dark chocolates infused with lavender I had when I was visiting Singapore, but since that was unattainable and out of reach, I would have been contented with those heavenly little balls ) and watch soppy romance movies. My parents had other ideas as to how I was supposed to spend my Valentine's: To have dinner at a couples-filled restaurant, with them.

Anyway, I mentioned about wanting to watch the sequel of The Pink Panther 2 last Tuesday. I managed to catch it on Friday but I procrastinated on writing the review till today.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

From the beginning till the end, it kept me in a laughing trance. Steve Martin is the unmistakable choice to portray Inspector Jacques Clouseau, delivering smart-mouthed replies with a deadpan face, sniggering at his own jokes ( like someone I know ) and artfully gibberizes words, without appearing like a try-hard.

Good points aside, there is no real plot and at one point, it looks like a series of short comedy sketches being thrown together to create a movie.

In a nutshell, it ranks above-average in the comedy category
( compared to the likes of The Love Guru, Four Christmases and other terrible ones with lousy script-writers ).

Watch it if you're looking for a breath of fresh air from the hustle-bustle of life. I am absolutely certain you will leave the cinema with a silly grin across your face, and laughing out loud when recollecting some of the scenes.

Rating: 4/5


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments