Living it right

By Melissa - Thursday, January 22, 2009

Throughout this whole week of holidays (I am not gloating! *chuckles*), I have received some news that have been rather disturbing and I think I should address it out loud, in writing.

In living my life as a believer of Christ, I have to admit many times I have not carried myself in the way that I should. There are areas of my life which are not right and when I look back at the end of the day, I wished with all my heart, I had taken some time to reflect and ponder the weight as well as consequence of my actions and not be so rash. My actions were hurried and sometimes done without the intention of malice against any person, and I could easily ask for forgiveness but often, the mistake we make is we do not LEARN from it. Yes, God is forgiving, it is His attribute as love is the very essence of Him but it should not at any moment be taken for granted.

Back to the issues I intended to address, is to live our lives right as a Christian. Slandering is the worst and most cowardly thing to do. The tongue is the most dangerous weaponry there is, it's damages extending far beyond the physical and cuts through much deeper than any forged sword could. Guard the words which come out from your mouth. Before that, live with conviction in your heart and take time to realise the ramification of every word before you utter it out.

If there is one thing that drives me up the wall, it is false pretense and two-faceted personality. I hate it. Be who you are, there is nothing wrong with being transparent. I am by nature, a private person. What you see (in my writings), you might not encounter the same when you meet me in person. I am more articulate and giving when I write, and even then, I still do not see the reason to divulge issues occuring in my personal life. You know what I think? It is my personal opinion, when someone sees the need to feign his/her real personality, there are deeper issues at hand, on the inside and it is actually a cry for attention.

With all of that said, I rest my case. My chest feels so much better now that I've expressed myself in the best way I know how...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments