He WILL Make Our Paths Straight

By Melissa - Wednesday, February 09, 2011

As I was reading an email sent to me from a dear friend, she identified the season of change in her life in my Bitter/Sweet post.

We’re going through similar seasons of change in our lives - a new season, an exciting twist in our ride of life, a fresh page with new ink for an upcoming chapter.

I know I have not been very forthcoming in my previous posts {here} and {here} about The Change. I guess that I have been wallowing in Familiarity and Comfort too long.

It’s a huge step of faith for me; moving away from my family, ministry and friends at this point of time.

However, I recall of the nights spent worshipping in His presence when I have whispered to Him: It’s not my life, it’s Yours; have Your way.

Night after night, months ahead before I knew of the last minute course cancellation, when everything seemed crystal clear and in order, I remember committing of my life entirely to Him. Yet now that He has begun to work His will, I lament and grudgingly obeyed.

Proverbs 3:6 says “In ALL your ways, submit to Him, and He WILL make your paths straight.”
In the midst of the daze, heaviness of heart and sleepless nights, I can confidently say this: I am fully persuaded that it is God’s will for my life.

There is a sense of comfort embedded deep in my heart that He has gone before me, preparing the way.
I can testify of His goodness and favour as preparations were made. There wasn’t the slightest glitch.

I hope, with all my heart, that in all we seek to do in our lives, Christ be the source of it all; that His good, pleasing and perfect will be the promise that drives, motivates and propels us to commit of our life’s plans into His beautiful hands.

His promise of a “peace that transcends ALL understanding” is real. I believe it, I know it and most importantly, I sense it. It is the bedrock, unshakable embrace of assurance. I’m more than thankful for it.

I pray our lives will be a pleasing sacrifice of love that is offered up onto Him. It’s the best way to do life!


Love you so much,
Melissa.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments