'I Will Always Love You' Cover by J Rome and Jennifer Nettles

By Melissa - Tuesday, January 15, 2013




I will never forget the first time I heard Whitney Houston.

I was 10 and The Bodyguard was playing on the telly. I didn't pay much attention to the movie and little did I know, a few minutes later, my life was about to be changed forever... For the first time in my life, I heard a voice that was so utterly beautiful that it reached a place inside of me that I didn't know how to express or pinpoint. I just sat there, in a catatonic state, unable to move, because I was so mesmerized.

And, that moment transformed my life in more ways than one.

On that day, my 10 year-old self did not understand why a tear (or two) escaped my eyes when I heard her sing. I have never shed tears again since.


Until tonight.


This duet is a master class of harmony, vocal perfection and soul. Whitney would be proud. 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments