MORE Blessed to Give than to Receive

By Melissa - Friday, December 30, 2011

He said that it is "more blessed to give than to receive".

I have learned of His faithfulness when I gave Him my best, my very all. When He had asked me to give - in the area of finance and in areas of my life - I have seen with my eyes and forever will remember Him giving back, it was more than I have given or could ever give.

I know the truth of His Word. I know it by heart, I have seen it over and again. Four days ago, I re-learned what I thought I knew.

I signed up for a camp not knowing what to expect. Or, to put it more accurately, I wasn't sure I was expecting for something to happen.

He had to deal with that attitude of mine the minute I stepped onto the campsite.

Of all the things I was offered to do, I was asked to minister to precious young lives.

On the inside, I was throwing a tantrum - I didn't sign up to minister to lives, I wanted to be ministered to. I have given so much of myself in the past two weeks leading up to this camp. I wanted to unwind, relax and re-charge, physically and spiritually.

It was what it was, so I swallowed it in, reluctantly.

Night One and I was floored in His presence. It was amazing. The energy that emanates from 900 campers who were completely abandoned to all else and wanted nothing more than to be lost in loving King Jesus gives me a high that I have missed for the longest time.

Day Two was the beginning to my journey as He (like the song goes...) "took what I have known and break it all apart"; to show me yet again that His greatness knows no bounds and He is always, always at work to bring about something new.

The message was about purity, a life that was sexually and morally pure. That afternoon, I saw His hand at work. I witnessed it, I was a part of it and I am thankful that He extended the invitation for me to be His vessel.

My heart was in pieces when I saw the lives that were taken captive by the lies of the enemy. As I laid my hands on the hearts of youths, I couldn't help but weep as I sensed the brokenness. But, what joy it is to see Him touching hearts and restoring lives, moving in power and authority, gaining ground and taking back what is rightfully His, lives being set free, bondages broken, the claws of sin unhinged and the shroud of shame forever torn... No words would ever be enough to depict what I felt.

And yesterday, Day Four (also known as The Last Day) was one that I would remember for a long long time.

It's an amazing finale to a great year and a fantastic way to begin a new year - with more hope, greater purpose, bigger heart and stretched faith.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments