Opening Up and Sharing

By Melissa - Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Opening up and sharing - especially about how I feel - it is one of the hardest and most difficult things for me to do.

Because, most of the time, I can't quite place a finger on what I'm feeling. Other times, I think and I view situations from my perspective and I thought I know. Half of the time, I am right. The remaining half? I could be partially right and still be a little off base.

So, when I do finally open up and share, I have this expectation for answers.

I refer to it as a 'troubleshooting session'; where I unload it all and the person on the receiving end - You are to analyse, decipher the codes and come up to me with the meaning behind those codes and then, we discuss my next move, because believe me when I say that I have done a whole lot of brain racking and heart searching before I even remotely considered the possibility of coming to you.

But today, I realised that it is not about the answers. Not all the time.

On some days where I open up and share, it isn't all about getting answers. It is about knowing that the other person is there for you, no matter what. It is about knowing that you are not forgotten and cared for.

True, he/she may not have all the answers you need for your woes; but to know that you are loved and never forgotten, that is enough.

More than enough for today.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments