His Will, His Grace - More Than Enough

By Melissa - Wednesday, November 23, 2011





How beautiful is the above quote; not because of eloquence alone, but more so because of the power of its' truth.

I'm reminiscing, reflecting, enjoying the moment, thinking, dreaming... Just lapping up every moment, cherishing every second.

The past nine (and a half) months has been amazing, insane, challenging and rewarding - all of it; the good, the bad and (I daresay) even the ugly.

I have grown, more than I have for some time. I have learned to love more, give more and expect less. I realised that dreams, they are worth pursuing.

Most important, His grace... I sense it, I see it and I feel it. All the time.

Walking in His will, it's the best way to do life.

As I am writing this, I am reminded of Abram (before he was called Abraham); the time where God spoke to him to pack up and leave all that was familiar to him to a land where God will show him. No directions, no name... Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

The only other thing that was told to him after that instruction was this,

"I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

Genesis 12:2-3 (New International Version)


Abram's story, it's my life's story. Well, almost.

I wanted the transition to be easy. I wanted to adapt easily and unplug myself from the previous socket to this new one, and just get on with it.

I prayed every night for the coming days to be easier. I pleaded every night to be back to where I was familiar with. I wrestled every night with giving up, packing up and leaving.

It wasn't until four months later that I realised: He never promised easy, but He did promise that He will be here; right here, right now where I was and be with me.

It wasn't the best of promises (at least that was what I thought at the time) but I'll take what I can get.

Now, almost ten months later, I can (without a shadow of doubt) testify and affirm this to you: "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you."


#Grateful and thankful.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments