Off to the Meadows, with Bluebelle and Buttercup

By Melissa - Monday, May 16, 2011

As I clicked the 'Submit' button on the UniSA (University of South Australia) portal less than 5 minutes ago, my shoulders slumped and I breathed a sigh of relief.

It's over, it's finally over. For now.

Sleep deprivation is a distant memory. No more less-than-3-hours sleep a night. No more pulling an all-nighter to meet assignment deadlines.

Reading scholarly publications is a thing from the past. No more e-books and e-journals.

To long academic essays, I bid adieu. I need not spew words, and spew it quick, while I'm at it. No more sifting through the thesaurus to ensure flow and prevent repetition.

No more of such treatments to endure. Well, at least for the coming week.

So, in exactly 20 mins from now, I will be joining my two new friends, Bluebelle and Buttercup (Don't you know about these two adorable sisters? Didn't I tell you about them? Ahh, I must have forgotten. Belle and Bettie are my cows!) in my lush and sprawling meadow, which is dotted with daffodils and tulips, under the bright blue sky with cotton-candy clouds. Not before I pop in two Panadols to take care of my fever though. (Wouldn't want to killjoy now, would we?)

Yes, the joy of completing a second batch of assignments is slightly intoxicating, extremely contagious and only a little insane. I love times like these!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments