His Loving Strength

By Melissa - Friday, March 11, 2011

Life hits you with some curveballs every now and then, when you least expect them.

Elaborate arrangements could be done, anticipation and hope could have been built, but it doesn’t really matter, because you still get hit every now and then.

It is part of growing up. It is a prerequisite for maturity.

Perspective is essential. It is seen in the way we react.

Proverbs 15:1 says, “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”

He knows, He knows how I felt. He knows how we all feel.

He saw the tears that were pooling in my eyes; He was with me when they trickled down my face. He listened as I choked back my tears and spoke words of peace.

I didn’t know that I had it in me to react that way. And, I realised, it wasn’t me. It’s Him.

In the midst of the disappointment and tears, I smiled in my heart. I knew that something was at work within me – Peace, Joy, Love. None of which was my concoction of Happy Juice to run through my veins, He did it.

I lifted my face to heaven and smile.


*


My beloved family, see you in 2 weeks’ time. I love all of you.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments