Almost, Does Not Cut It

By Melissa - Thursday, November 25, 2010

I listened to a podcast of Rich Wilkerson Jr’s sermon tonight and it was founded on this: Almost isn’t good enough. Almost does not cut it. Not when it comes to God and the things that matter to His heart: You.

The dictionary defines almost as ‘very nearly’, ‘all but’.

From my point of view, almost could be defined as what-could-have-been.

Almost could also be said as grazing the bare minimum, more or less meeting the prerequisite.

Other words or synonyms for the word are sort of, practically, just about, wasn’t exactly.

God is not interested in us being a lukewarm or an ‘almost, sort of’ Christian. God’s plan is not that we would live a ‘just about’ great life. God sent His son, Jesus so that we ‘may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance; to the FULL, till it OVERFLOWS’ (John 10:10, Amplified Bible).

He has called for you to go ALL THE WAY to which He has ordained for you.

It’s all the way or nothing. It’s your entire life poured out, or it’s of no purpose. It’s both feet planted and rooted in, or it will just remain a footprint that was once there.

I said this on March 21st, “I want to get into heaven with a life that has been COMPLETELY spent and poured out for His purposes.”

I made this commitment when I started serving in the ministry 7 years ago – I will do what He desires, whenever and wherever He wants it done. No backing out. No taking a backseat when it gets tough.

Thus far, God’s amazing grace and strength has sustained me.

It has not been a bed of roses, neither is a breeze - Life’s curveballs, personal upheavals, ministry’s challenges; they’re not easy to deal with, but they are certainly not reason for me to back down.

Simply put, at the end of my days, I do not want to fall into the ‘almost’ statistic. “Oh, she was a great worship leader. Too bad (so-and-so) caught up to her.”

Not finishing our task. Not completing our assignment. Not fulfilling our purpose. Not giving our all. Doing a half-baked routine. Having a half-hearted faith. It is not how God wants us to live.

I challenge you today, do not live as an ‘in-between’ Christian. Go all out for Him. It's either that, or it's nothing. Choose to STAND in that gap and bring a difference to your world, our world.


Love you so,
Melissa.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments