Seek His Face, Desire His Presence

By Melissa - Sunday, October 24, 2010

As I was listening to a worship cd and worshipping last night, I recalled of the first time I began worship leading. It was not too long ago, just some 6 years back.

God has been SO gracious, ever faithful.

Worship leading in Youth Impact this year has taken on a completely different toll.

We have scaled down our Worship Team and become minimalists - meaning, we only roster one keyboardist, one guitarist and a drummer. Often times, there is only one back-up singer and on a few rare occasions, there are none. It is because we have a shortage of musicians, and all of our current musicians are younger ones in training.

It is good change, really.

I am reminded once more, to go back to basics; back to the 'heart of worship' - to the essence of true worship.

I've said it countless times, and I will probably go on speaking of it as long as I live.

The condition AND attitude of our hearts are SO important in worship leading.

"What are you desiring for when leading worship?" is the best question to check our hearts.

I do this every single time before I step up to the platform. I search my heart, I pray for God to "search my heart, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:24-25, paraphrased).

Worship leaders, I urge you - Seek His face, desire His presence.

A statement that I read in Bill Johnson's book, Face to Face with God said of Moses, "Moses preferred the wilderness with God, than to enter the promised land without God."

As Moses said in Exodus 33:15, "If Your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from here."

I pray that you would truly seek His face and desire for His presence.

Let His song be embedded in your heart. His anthem of praise and song of worship stretches into the eternal; it refines, it changes and it touches - our hearts and lives, as well as the hearts and lives of all that is around us.

Much love,
Mel.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments