Ministry at Grace Church, SP

By Melissa - Saturday, August 21, 2010

I’ve just returned home after leading worship at Grace Church, Sungai Petani.

Physically, I am worn out and spent. However, my heart and soul is refreshed, SO contented beyond words.

There is truly nothing like the presence of God. Nothing could ever substitute it, it is irreplaceable as much as it is precious – fresh infilling, new revelation, greater depth and increased intimacy.

There is also no greater truth than the Word of God. His Word IS living and active. When it is declared with power and authority, we see the manifestation of His presence in the midst of His people.

And, it is truly one of the moments in life that I live for.

If I could sum up my life’s purpose to one account, I would say that it is to be His vessel, carrying His anointing and bringing the experience of heaven’s worship on Earth.

I desire to lead every person alive to encounter the one, true and LIVING God, to “taste and see that the Lord is good” (Psalm 34:8) and “see Him in His sanctuary, beholding His power and glory” (Psalm 63:2, paraphrased).

It is SO beautiful, it is completely breathtaking.

This is no understatement when I’ve learnt that worship and intercession go hand-in-hand. For a breakthrough in the area of worship, there has GOT TO BE intercession.

It goes beyond merely SAYING a prayer. It surpasses our natural understanding of what WE THINK God can do.

It needs to come to a point where every fabric of a person’s being cries out to God, wanting nothing more but MORE of Him, where “ALL that is within you just longs to bless His holy name” (Psalm 103:1, paraphrased).

It comes to a point of earnest desperation and heartfelt crying out. It takes hours of kneeling down before Him, buckets of tears shed out of a heart longing for Him.

Honestly, I spent most of my time awakened at wee hours of the morning – seeking, prostrating and (a little!) pounding on the floor – asking and asking for His presence, not relinquishing (even by an inch) when it comes to the reality of who He is.

It takes someone with a genuine desire of wanting OTHERS to experience Him. It transcends the self ability, knowledge and limitation. It is tapping into His, it is leaning in close to hear His heartbeat.

I’m amazed, over and over again.

I’m blown away by the intensity of His love and the tenderness of His presence. Glorious and magnificent, yet tender and caressing. SO beautiful.

I am reminded, only by grace, His wonderful grace.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments