Faith-Filled Praises

By Melissa - Thursday, June 24, 2010

I am terribly sleepy and worn out. I was (still am) writing, like the good girl that I am, when I received an interesting email.

I loved the quote at the end. It says, “Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and RECEIVES the impossible.”

I remember sharing with the worship leaders in Youth Impact’s Worship Workshop last Saturday on the significance of praise and worship.

I dearly love the House of God. I also love it when we, the body of Christ, come in one accord to ascend faith-filled praises and aromatic worship to the throne of God.

It is glorious, beautiful and magnificent when hearts are all found abandoned to Him. It is one of those moments in life that I so live for.

This is what I shared with my team.

As leaders of worship, it is crucial to understand the significance of praise and worship.

Praise is not happy-clappy songs before the slow, melancholic worship songs.

Praise is a FAITH-FILLED DECLARATION that takes a person OUT of his/her situation, predicament or circumstance and plunging into the promises of God.

Praise takes us out of the natural realm, into the SUPERnatural authority.

Praise supersedes our physical understanding, as it encourages us to trust in His divine revelation and plans.

Praise cannot be proclaimed when we are caught up in OUR thinking.

Praise DEMANDS faith. Faith in the everlasting promises of God, faith in the faithfulness of God (...which continues through ALL generations – Psalm 100) and the whole point of it, faith in HIM.

When we begin to break out of our (self-drawn) puny frame of who God actually is and what He is capable of, our quality of praise increases tremendously. MY quality of praise INCREASED almost instantaneously.

So, when I lead praise and worship, I do it from a position of faith.

Trusting in things unseen, believing for ‘...immeasurably more than I could ever ask or hope for’ (Ephesians 3:20) and receiving the outpouring of His glory upon my life, family, church and nation.


With so much love,
Melissa.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments