The Priceless Value of Knowing Jesus Christ

By Melissa - Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I have said it, and I will say it again. A hundred more times repeatedly, if necessary.

Nothing in life (this life that we are living in) is eternal. It is all but everlasting. It is everything but eternal. In time, it will either decay, rot or cease to last.

Yet, the ephemeral chase is one that has got so many reeled in. The pursuit arduous, the results - anything but satisfactory and fulfilling. Contentment, practically unheard of. If anything, it only leads to mere insecurity and the perpetual wheel of 'wanting more'.

There is nothing else I'd want to do in life, but to echo the cry of Paul's heart.

He wrote in Philippians 3:7-9,

"I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake, I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with Him."

All of my life, for the rest of my remaining days, the above is my yearning. Where no sacrifice is considered too big, and no compromise is made.


With all my love,
Melissa.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments