Cheese Cake

By Melissa - Friday, March 12, 2010

On a tranquil and undisturbed evening, the pitter-patter of raindrops resounded against the panels of my workplace. I was lulling myself to the rhythm of nature’s melody, gently cruising into La-la Land.

A loud ‘Beep!’ rang, reeling me back. It was my cell phone. I had a text message.

---------------

“Cheese cake, do you want some ..........?”

Message sender: Daddy.

---------------

CHEESE CAKE?

I immediately texted back.

“Why on earth are you calling me Cheese Cake?”

He refused to reply. Somehow or other, I can just hear him chuckling and wearing that huge grin of his.

I am thinking that it is because the very thought of me melts his heart, like CHEESE on a griddle. Or perhaps, he’s calling me after the only cake that he eats.

Well, it had better be either of those two things. (And not because cheese is lumpy and cellulite-like.)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments