Wholehearted Trust, Absolute Surrender

By Melissa - Sunday, January 03, 2010

I stood in the midst of approximately 150 people, bid adieu to 2009 and watched 2010 settle in snugly.

Loud cheers resounded, its' background involving crashing of cymbals. Lots of it.

I must confess, I have found this (the above) the best way to usher in a new year. I wouldn't have it any other way.

My apologies for being away for more than a week, not summing up the year or even wishing you (my dear Readers) a Merry Christmas.

For all it's worth, I hope that you had a Merry Christmas and I wish you a Blessed 2010.

Remember I mentioned here that I do not take a fancy in making resolutions and sticking by them?

I am publicly declaring that this decade calls for a change.

I have begun engaging in the process of making resolutions, identifying targeted goals and making effort to achieve them. And, I feel immensely good about it.

How's that for turning over a new leaf? It is not even a week into 2010. *sniffles* I amaze myself sometimes.

I vividly reminisce of the moments I shared with 50++ over campers, spanning from 27th to 30th December.

I am writing it down here today, to never let myself forget it.

I loved every moment of it.

I loved worship leading with them, I loved jumping all over the place (and getting breathless afterwards - a sign of old age), I loved praying for and with them, I loved dining with them... I should probably surmise it and say that I just loved it.

To share a little, I know that God has called me out of my comfort zone this year.

He sat me down close to Him and said gently,


"My darling daughter, I want you to sow into lives this year. I want you to make actual time for them, love them and be a radical believer for me. No more are you going to live just for yourself, this is what you must live for. I am preparing you for many new things coming your way. You might not comprehend some of it, but I want you to trust me. Wholehearted trust, absolute surrender. I am and will be holding your hand in mine, all the way."

Because of this, I have shed buckets and buckets of tears. When He calls and speaks so clearly, you can't help but sit up in attention and obey.

I think it is safe to say that the title of this post is my anthem hung high over my life for this year.

Treading into unfamiliar grounds, shaking off the old and embedding in the everlasting new, moving ahead not driven by my own intellect but striving to discern His.

Doubts? A little. Anxiousness? Check. Disbelief? Check (itty-bitty). Excited beyond words? Check. Going all the way to do it? You bet!

Greater things have yet to unravel in this decade. More so than you have ever seen in your life. I am not merely believing it, I know it.

Love you,
M.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments