Unfailing Love

By Melissa - Friday, December 18, 2009

I am reminded, time and time again, that I can never out-love God.

Just as I began to tilt my head heavenward, look towards the beautiful sky which is decorated with fluffy white clouds, I let the rays of the sunbeam hit my face. I savoured it, not wanting to let the moment pass.

In that short moment, in my heart, I sensed a culmination of love. So much so that my heart was not only flooded, it began to overflow.

Love consumed me, there seemed to be too much of it; yet fulfilment and contentment came just as easily.

I find it pretty difficult to express the state of my heart right now. For once, I am struggling for words. Grappling for fitting words.

All I can say is I love You, my Awesome God. I love You, more than my life itself.

I was having my daily conversation with Him. My ears were whispered into, to turn to Psalm 33.

I began to read and upon reaching verses 20-22, I just began to tear up.

It was a wonderful trickling of joyful tears, coming out of a heart brimming with immense love.

Here is what Psalm 33:20-22 (emphasis added) says,

“We wait in hope for the LORD;
He is our help and our shield.

In Him our hearts rejoice,
For we trust in His holy name

May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord
Even as we put our hope in you.”

Unfailing love.

A love that lasts forever, a love that knows no bounds, a love that completes, a love that never runs dry, a love that grow stronger with each passing day, a love that covers all sin, a love that is flawless and perfect, a love undeserved yet lavished upon, a love so great that nothing – here or beyond – could ever come close to anything like it.

It is that unfailing love that has captured my heart.

And, to that capture of unfailing love, I will my life to. Always and forever.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments