Pet Peeve(s)

By Melissa - Wednesday, October 28, 2009

You know, I don't understand people. I really don't.

No one can say I didn't try. I did, and I realised that I'm not good at it.

Along the way, I did pick up some really good friends and loaded them on my truck of friendship.

Till now, we are still on that same truck, venturing on new sights and places together. Absolute joy, that bunch.

I have been away for a couple of days (almost a week) and I apologise in advance to return with an angst-ridden post.

However, I need to blow off some steam. What better way to do it than in writing?

I am, by nature, a short-tempered person. My friends know it, my family; even more aware of it.

I do not throw hissy fits. I get pissed off, rant and tell it straight to your face that whatever it is that you are doing, it annoys me. To my very core.

People, in general, can't accept that. Why? Because, they prefer for you (me) to be good-natured and Little Miss Sunshine all the time.

No, I am not that sort of person. When I get mad or upset, I do not conceal it (unless there is an incredibly valid reason for me to do so).

At the very least, take pride in knowing that I won't be back-stabbing you.

Now, after that, I will calm down (I do not lose my mind in the heat of anger, mind you) and forget about it. Let bygones be bygones, no use harping on the past.

I am not one of those punctilious people who remembers each singular sin inflicted upon me. I have better use for my memory and brain.

With that, I hate (note the word, it is not often that I use it) people being Nosy Parkers and mega blabbermouths.

Even more so, I hate Nosy Parkers and mega blabbermouths who take me for an idiot, thinking that I actually lapped up all of their fake charm and flirting. (Word of advice: I can see right through you. Don't bother being an imposter, I am well aware of your phony remarks.)

Nothing gives you the right to judge a person. The age-old analogy of one finger pointed to a person and the remaining four, right back in your face, should be applied in life and has nevertheless stood the test of time in the area of relevance.

Should you open your disproportionate pie hole (seeing that it is overdeveloped), might I suggest that you look at yourself in the mirror beforehand.

Do not think that you are better than any person. You are not. I am not.

Do not, for a second, think that you are the best or if you are anywhere close to that. Life is fragile, it could be taken away from you in the bat of an eyelid.

You can only talk so much about people. In the end, I think that that person is feeling so empty and worthless on the inside, that he/she has to succumb to such a deed. I almost feel sorry for this bunch.

Nothing gives me the right to judge someone (even if it is something as obvious as the abominable snowman).

It is not about 'who-did-what-and-I-will-never-do-such-a-thing'. It is never about that.

It does not count if you murdered a person accidentally or intentionally. The sum-up? You took a person's life. There is a price to pay, the reckoning. It is the death penalty.

What I am trying to get across to you is, at some point or other, we have all made mistakes.

The difference is, I learn from it and I don't judge a person because of his/her mistake.

Look beneath the outburst or mistake. It happened because of a spark that set it off and a given opportunity.

You and I, we are an inch from falling into that. Chances are, it is because the spark has not yet been ignited or the opportunity has not come, did we not do what the other person did.

If it had been us in that position, who's to say that we won't fall into the same thing?

Think about this, ponder upon it.


P/S: My dearest Saviour,

Thank you for loving me, despite of my vast imperfections. Thank you for smoothing out my rough edges, and prompting in me the conviction of sin. I love You.


Daddy and Mummy,

Thank you for always reminding me this, patiently imparting values and embedding principles in me. I couldn't have asked for a better set of mentors and parents.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments