Becoming Jane

By Melissa - Friday, February 20, 2009

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The DVD has been in my possession for sometime already and given the opportunity today, I plopped myself on the couch with a bowl of popcorn (I am joking, I despise popcorn. Pringles or Lays is more like it.) and watched the entire movie (It look me longer than its 112mins running time to complete the movie, because there were some heartfelt moments which required the utilisation of the 'Repeat' button.)

I am an avid fan of Ms. Austen's writings (Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice... Those are some of my favourite novels of all time.) and this movie chronicles her life (well, to about 70% of it). She has written some of the best romance novels I've ever read but the greatest love story of all, I believe, was her own's.

As the movie progressed, I became critically aware of the parallels between my love story and hers - How headstrong we are and our refusal to relinquish even when everything around us turns awry.

No points for guessing whether or not this movie caused me to sniffle. I wept, bucketfuls of tears.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments