Shock-Worthy Toy At Work

By Melissa - Friday, January 03, 2014

At 4pm today, while I was replying a work email, my colleague Archangel set the following device on my table…


.

.

.

.

.




… and gestured for me to grasp one of the four handles. 


Being a person of little faith (in him - he is a notoriously cheeky prankster, and in humanity), I obeyed his instructions but tilted my head slightly to read the instructions labelled around the round knob in the middle. 

He powered up the device, the knob began to emanate a red light and the device started to resound in an awfully eerie tune. 

Moments later, a jolt of electricity shot through my entire right hand and I almost screamed aloud. 

Turns out, this was a reflex reaction toy. 

After the initial shock wore off, I was all charged up (pun intended) for a second round and I was pretty convinced that by then, I had Spiderman's tingly sixth sense. 

For the next 15 mins or so, four of us (my colleagues and myself) congregated at my table and there were shrieks of pain mingled with some cussing (them, not me). 

My boss walked by my cubicle after everyone left and the following conversation ensued:


My boss: *exclaims* What in the world is that?!

Me: *excitedly* It's a reflex reaction toy. It sends waves of mini voltage shocks through your hand. It's super fun. Try it out. 

My boss: No thank you. I am not into S&M. *guffaws*

Me: -____-'''


----------



This *points above* is THE shiznit.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments