Breakfast: The Most Important Meal Of The Day (Nah, Not Really...)

By Melissa - Thursday, June 27, 2013

Just over a year ago, I swore off breakfast and called it my least favourite meal time of the day.

And then... The working world summoned my name...

From then on, my tone for breakfast changed. I began to embrace waking up early and noshing on food at 7:15am in the morning.


*cue picture perfect backdrop - azure sky, bright yellow rays and sprawling green meadow - complete with the gentle melodies of birds in the background* 


Who am I kidding... I scarf down food at wee hours of the day (just enough to last me till lunch time), so that my tummy does not growl in protest in a volume loud enough for my entire office to hear.

Most days, I'll usually settle for whatever that is served in my company's canteen on that morning. Last night, my dear colleague volunteered to pack a Subway breakfast sandwich for me and I gratefully agreed to her kind offer.

This morning, she toted the bag of orders to the office, headed straight to the pantry and some 10 minutes later, she set this on my desk:

.

.

.

.

.


 My tea and sandwich in a bowl, to avoid any messy sauce spill on my table.



What a lovely and thoughtful gesture, so early in the day!




My egg and ham sub, nestled in a bowl.


----------


Thank you for your sweet gesture and kind heart, Rulaine. You made my Thursday. 

Hugs,
Melissa. 


*

Related post(s):

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments