Date A Girl Who Reads... And Writes... (Part 1)

By Melissa - Wednesday, April 10, 2013

While I was slowly slurping my after-lunch herbal tea yesterday, I was directed to *this* article (Thanks, Aunty Melinda!) and as I scanned through each line, I knew I was in the right place.

Here are some of my favourite parts:


"You see that weird chick sniffing the pages of an old book in a secondhand book shop? That's the reader. They can never resist smelling the pages, especially when they are yellow and worn."


"Give her the gift of words, in poetry and in song. Give her Neruda, Pound, Sexton, Cummings."


"Let her know that you understand that words are love. Understand that she knows the difference between books and reality but by god, she's going to try to make her life a little like her favourite book. It will never be your fault if she does. She has to give it a shot somehow."


"When you find her up at 2 AM clutching a book to her chest and weeping, make her a cup of tea and hold her. You may lose her for a couple of hours but she will always come back to you."

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments