Olfactory

By Melissa - Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Or in layman terms, our sense of smell.

For my 16th birthday, my Dad asked me what I wanted. I was at the age where accessories and clothes were only part of dressing up. The complete process of dressing up and looking (plus feeling!) my best had to include make-up and perfume.

I dabbled around with a little make-up here and there but figured that that could wait. However, my love affair with perfumes began much much earlier. My second favourite bottle of perfume was given to me when I was 15.

We strolled through the mall and the design of the bottle was the first thing that attracted me. It was round instead of the conventional square or rectangle. I picked it up, gave it a quick spritz on the inside of my left wrist, rubbed it against my right one and placed it near my nose for a whiff.

I was sold at that instant. My knees were weak and I handed the bottle to my Dad. "This is THE ONE" was all that I said to him.

7 years later and it is still my favourite of fragrances.



Chanel Chance


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments