Winning Them Back

By Melissa - Friday, July 29, 2011

I’ve not been in a good place this past week. Simply because my mind has been regaling and my heart has been aching.

I shared with one of my closest confidante about this pressing matter. She suggested that I write about it, pour my heart and bare my soul out on paper - “It’ll do you good, just take a stab at it,” she gently suggests.

So, here I am (at her suggestion) huddled beneath the cold air-conditioning in my room; wrapped in quilt and armed with my laptop, I try to make sense of things by writing it out.

I’ve been told umpteen times (from since I was a child) that curiosity killed the cat. “Don’t let curiosity get the better of you. It pays to leave some things unknown in life,” I’ve been told. Yet, the inquisitive side of me would never let things drop that easily. I like attempting to decipher codes, coming across complex questions and unearthing the answers.

Well, for the most part, Curiosity won. It prevailed and had its’ way. Some good tales have come out of it, a couple of pretty shocking answers and surprisingly little trouble or heartache. But, I knew that it all seemed too easy to take in and (in as much as I am not fond of cliches, it is apt for this moment in time) too good to be true.

Sure enough, Curiosity decided to put down the final card in the last moment of the game, and this time around, I lost. I staked my mind in it (not knowing that in doing that) I had also unwittingly roped in my heart.

One bad decision and I lost both my mind and heart in a game that I shouldn’t have played.

Pray with me and pray for me – I know that He’s here, in the midst of the storms. I know that eventually “all things will work out for good for those who love Him” (Romans 8:28) and I am “holding unswervingly to the hope I profess for (I know) that He who has promised IS faithful.” (Hebrews 10:23 – Emphasis and paraphrase, mine)

I am now on the road to get the both of them back, and getting them back right on track.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments