Life's Lesson ( 1 )

By Melissa - Thursday, December 04, 2008

In retrospect, experiences in life are the greatest teachers. They teach us in many ways that you and I could never imagine but it made us grow up and be a better person. I received a lesson which has taught me in a way that I did not expect but nonetheless, I have learnt.

Because of my kind and generous personality ( Don’t you snigger *snarls* ), I will not hesitate to share with you what I have learnt.

1. NEVER Compromise.
I am saying it like I mean it. I made the mistake compromising when what I should have done was stand up for what I believe in even if it meant being ostracised from the rest and insisting my way through. We commit the blunder of compromising just because we want to remain in the good graces of the other party. Well, here it is, Don’t. Especially when it involves your religion. Which brings me to:-

2. Be respectful, religion wise
As in respect and be sensitive to an individual’s religion. It is something that we have grown up with, put our faith in and hold on to. It is VERY disrespectful if you know that Lucifer is Satan’s name ( for Christians ) and you still INSIST on using it. To put it plainly, it just pisses me off.

3. Always discuss.
Unless you are working on an assigned project alone, always discuss the tiniest detail with your team. No matter how insignificant you may find it, do it because they are your team members. They deserve just that much of respect from you.

4. Do not take people for granted.
If you are still caught in the Dark Ages, I will enlighten you. People have feelings. For goodness sakes’, we are human beings. So unless you start treating us like one, you are just in for a very difficult ride and I for one, will not make it any easier or more comfortable. You can bet your last penny on it.

5. Money shows you a person’s true colours.
In my case, it is RM24.00. Due to this, I am able to see your real character and true person. It has only cost me RM24.00. I consider this money well spent. Know that the next time I collaborate or be in the same team as you is when God make pigs fly.

I will admit I was extremely worked up about the incident. I was literally blowing off steam from my ears. But then again, who am I kidding? I am comparing and bringing myself to understand the brain of someone who adores a man who undergoes a surgery to remove his floating ribs in order to conduct (.... ). No wonder...

P/S: I was asked if I had ever considered being a lawyer. The particular person mentioned my forte in arguing with sense and facts. I did consider, seriously. But my detest for History and memorizing cut short my dream. Also, I dislike condoning to a specific set of rules, regulations and laws. They are wasted on me and I do not regard them highly. So, the feeling is mutual.

PP/S: Miss Mi-chelle, Thank you. You are an amazing person first, a wonderful lecturer second. Thanks for the hug.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments