Raindrops keep falling on my head

By Melissa - Sunday, October 12, 2008

I used to sing that song all the time when I was much younger. I love watching the raindrops fall. Watching the rain is actually one of my favourite pastimes. The effect it has on me is beyond words. Undisturbed tranquility is just plain lovely.

I think that deep down, I'm an old soul. I like to read, I love opera, I take pleasure in art ( Rothko-1947, Modigliani, Picasso and Leonardo Da Vinci ), I like to hang out at home with a cup of tea or coffee, and I treasure long walks on cobblestone paths. But living in Penang really rains on my parade, because cobblestone paths are difficult to find. And the horrible traffic which increases the rate of cancer due to the exhaust fumes emitted, makes walking a less-delightful experience.

I awoke this morning to be greeted by an overcast but still beautiful sky.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


After the service was over, picture taking ensued.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Joshua, the archangel. Or at least he attempts to look like one. It's more of cymbal-at-the-back-of-the-head guy meets Zohan. In the background huddling a backpack is Alwyn.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Close-up.

After having a hearty lunch, there was a heavy downpour. I took some pictures of the raindrops. They're luscious.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I visited the Tropical Spice Garden sometime during the past two weeks and I came to a stunning, winding cobblestone steps.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I am indeed an old soul, and I'm proud of it. Gonna go fetch a cup of cuppa now =)


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments