Thanksgiving 2017 - Saying Yes More Often

By Melissa - Thursday, November 23, 2017


Last Thanksgiving, I had just made the biggest decision where my career is concerned, and to be absolutely honest, I wouldn’t have described my attitude towards The Reason as thankful. In fact, I was anything but.

Thing is, He said 'Yes' to me 28 years ago, and has continually said 'Yes' to me since then, especially when I least deserved it. How could I deny Him of the very same answer on the one time He asked me to give up the very thing I loved most (at the time)?

My 'Yes' meant choosing Him above a job I adored. It was probably the toughest thing I've ever had to give up; my most costly worship - obedience. Little did I know, that ‘Yes’ was an open door to the best year I’ve had (to date).

Now, 365 days later, I couldn’t be more thankful for saying ‘Yes’ to an adventure of a lifetime, a life lived, and a story worth writing about.

Yet, I believe the stories we should be sharing around this holiday table shouldn’t be just about what are we grateful for, but how can we change our world because we are grateful?

Perhaps, we can start by saying ‘Yes’ more often - to Him who is worth it all, and let that answer of surrender overflow into the lives of our incredible parents who raised us, to our beautiful children who carry our heart in their hands, or to the person across from you who deserves your kindness simply because.

Your greatest story is waiting to be written. Begin by saying ‘Yes’ to it. I promise, there’ll never be a boring day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments