Chatty Lass' 1000th Post - Forgiving & Forgetting

By Melissa - Wednesday, June 25, 2014


After six years of high moments and low tidings, Chatty Lass finally hits her 1000th post.

And.. Like it should be with milestones in life, they are to be lauded from the mountain tops with reckless abandon of all else.

I'm not a keen fan of exalting my accomplishments, but I am pretty big on sharing. With this 1000th post, I am going to do just that.

I can't remember the last time I made a mistake which was so enormous. I can't, for the life in me, summon into mind the last time something costed me this much.

It has been plaguing my entire being (body, mind and soul) for the past six months and I still live in the haunting shadows of the repercussions of my choice.

There is not a day that goes by where I don't remember all the times I got it wrong. But, never this wrong… never THIS off the mark.

I want reminisce about the good times and recall the bad.

I want to appreciate the lessons learned and the truths discovered.

I want to be a stronger person to hold on to the bridges built and be even more courageous to let go of the bridges burnt.

I'm waiting for the day that I can just wake up and put all of this behind me.

I yearn for the morning where I can wake up and the tightness on my chest can finally be gone, which can assuredly mean that my heart has been mended and healed.

But for now, I just wish that… forgiving myself and forgetting everything was as easy and effortless as clearing out my wardrobe.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments