New Year Hols - Day One

By Melissa - Thursday, January 02, 2014

I don't get to do this often enough, but I sure am glad that my day started off like this today…

.

.

.

.

.




… with my worn and tattered Bible from 12 years ago - the thinning pages are being flipped more delicately now - and Max Lucado's (one of my most favourite Christian authors of all time) The Great House of God.

My morning devotions are usually spent in the car while I am en route to work, speaking to God and leaning in to His presence. I end my day by sitting at His feet and spending time with Him.

But, off days like today, they're God-sent.

I love tracing my fingers along the highlighted Scriptures, noticing that some of the colours are fading and others are more vivid.

I love knowing that those coloured lines are His words of encouragement, assurance and promise which have carried me through a difficult season, that holds a special meaning only to me, as His plan for my life unravels.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments